Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Home Make-Over


I don't know about any of you, but for the last 3 years I have been wanting to make my apartment more chic and modern looking. I love looking at design magazines and blogs- daydreaming about how to make my apartment look like the pictures in the magazines. Usually I like too many things and I don't know where to start. Living in a two bedroom apartment with no storage space is an obstacle- and one that I have not mastered, YET.
Now that I am done with school I have more time on my hands. I am determined to turn my apartment into a fabulous and chic downtown apartment- on a very limited budget, might I add. I am tired of walking into my home and looking at clutter and stuff everywhere. Goodbye to the days of college living. I now realize my husband and I are adults- yes, adults! We can no longer get away with having an apartment that looks like a college student's. I want my home to be inviting and personal, yet stylish and fresh. People always say, "Wait until you buy a house. You're only in an apartment." Well, to them I say, "Who knows how long we will be in this apartment. There is no reason why we shouldn't love and adore our home, whether we rent or own. It's our home... and it should represent my family and me."
I am writing this to all of you so that it will actually get done. Now that I am telling everyone about my new project, I have to follow through with it. Remember, it will be on a tight budget using things I already have in my home. When I finish this lovely project, I will post before and after pictures. I can't wait! Here's to beautifying and enriching our home and life!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know what you mean! I use the renting excuse all the time. I can't wait to see the finished product!